Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy solstice !

Many cultures celebrates solstice, which happens twice a year.
Here's a link on the science of solstice http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/december-solstice.html
Many people celebrate throughout the world with special events to honor this day.
In Vancouver here, different parts of the city have organised workshops, lantern making etc..http://secretlantern.org/index.html
 At one of the community center there's a labyrinth of light, that one can walk thru.It's a meditative walk to help release old  attachments, and renew oneself as the darkest night of the year births a new season.
I love  candles, and find so much peace, and serenity, when  I light one.
In my hallway I have a big blue bowl with floating candles, surrounded with angel cards, and a photo of the Dalai Lama. I pick an angel card everyday , which inspires me, and sets my day on the right track, observing and meditating on the message presented to me.

2 comments:

Artist/Painter said...

I absolutely love this post my friend. Wishing you a happy solstice indeed. May our attachements be lessened and our aversions too! Lol!

And, may the holidays bring you deep peace and joy : )

artlover said...

Hi Gwen!
So nice to hear from you;-)
Ohh yes, it's one we constantly have to 'hone' in to ;-)
It becomes a little easier once we get the hang of it; ..or does it?;-)

Wishing you love,peace,light,health,and creativity for the New Year to you and yours ;-)